Provide training on agricultural production skills (animal husbandry, vegetable growing) to poor families and employed families who earn income through agricultural production in rural areas to get real skills to be applied to each family better.
Provide training on packaging and processing of products for local and foreign markets.
This project will make the production community and consumers of the product have a high level of awareness of food safety and help the community to improve their health.
1. Outreach activities (about growing vegetables and raising animals) to poor families and families who grow crops and raise animals professionally
2. Improve and package farmers’ products for export to markets
3. Support resources for farmers in modern agricultural production process
4. Collect farmers’ products and set up community markets to supply farmers’ products for export to the markets
5. Support the means of transporting farmers’ products to the market
Detail activities are as follow:
- Provide training to 1,460 families in 7 communes in Svay Chrum, Svay Teap and Romduol districts of Svay Rieng province on animal husbandry techniques, grow vegetables 4 times a year with a total budget of 29,200 USD.
- Provide crop and chicken seed support to 570 poor farmers, each family received 15 chickens at a cost of $ 42,750 and 6 crops, equivalent to $ 8,550, with a total budget of $ 51,300 per year Once in 7 communes in Svay Chrum district, Svay Teap district and Romduol district, Svay Rieng province.
- Provide support for pig breeds and crop seeds to 570 poor families. Each family receives 2 heads at a cost of $ 62,700 and 6 types of crops equal to $ 8,550, with a total budget of $ 71,250 once a year. In 7 communes in Svay Chrum district, Svay Teap district and Romduol district, Svay Rieng province.
- Provide cattle breeds to 320 poor families, each family received a total of $ 11,520 in 7 communes in Svay Chrum district, Svay Teap district and Romduol district, Svay Rieng province.
- Provide training on income and expenditure management to 45 self-help group representatives with 135 participating committees at a cost of $ 2,025 twice a year.
- Provides support to 45 self-help group members to expand their business. Each group receives $ 1,800, for a total of $ 81,000.
- Support food for 350 poor families in 10 villages in Por Ta Reach commune, Svay Chrum district. Each family received (50 kg of rice, 10 cans and 1 large bottle of cooking oil) three years budget $ 57,750 spent.
- Provide training on packaging and processing of products to be exported to domestic and foreign markets to 10 production team members equal to 50 people per session at a cost of $ 500, a total of 3 courses equal to $ 1,500.
- Support the construction of two safe vegetable factories (size 15m x 20m) with a total budget of $32,000.