The project provides capacity building support through training and outreach to stakeholders and village health agencies on three topics (safe drinking water, hand washing with soap and toilet use).
This project cooperates with the Royal Government to promote the cessation of urination and improve the health and well-being of the community.
Our activities at a glance are:
1. Educate poor rural families about food safety, hand washing with soap and safe drinking water
2. Build toilets to help the elderly, the disabled, orphans and poor families
3. Provide financial support to help poor families go for health check-ups
4. Provide resources, materials, budget to help the elderly and the disabled
Details activities are as follow:
- Provide training to trainers on the topic of safe drinking water, hand washing and soap, use of toilets in 90 target communities, equal to 90 people in Svay Rieng, Kandal, Kampot and Mondulkiri provinces.
- Provide 196 outreach sessions to 90 communes with 24,748 families on the use of safe water, hand washing and soap and toilet use in Svay Rieng, Kandal and Kampot provinces.
- Provide support for the construction of toilets to help 485 poor families, the disabled, the elderly, and orphans, equal to 485 toilets (at a cost of $ 49,955).
- Provide water filter support to 1,257 poor families, equivalent to 1,257 water filters (cost $ 69,135).
- Provide financial support to poor families, women heads of households, the elderly, the disabled, and orphans, each receiving $35 per year, with a total budget of $ 27,020, a three-year project A total of $ 81,060 in Svay Rieng, Kandal and Kampot provinces.